We recently asked some of our 5,500+ B&Bs to tell us if they served up anything slightly different on their breakfast menu. And last week we showed you that many of our customers do serve up spectacular and unique takes on the traditional English breakfast.
We had so many unique and delicious dishes, we had to bring you more:
The Agent’s House Bed & Breakfast, Hereford
DIY Breakfast; request whatever you’d like to eat ahead of your stay and it will be delivered fresh to your room ready to cook up yourself whatever time suits you. Bonus, you don’t have to get out of your PJs to eat it!
With a variety of healthy and delicious vegetarian dishes, the owners of the Arthington Guest House will happily accommodate for all dietary requirements.
Elaine Faakerley, owner of the Arthington Guest House in Blackpool said: “If a guest rings up in advance to notify us that they are vegan or have any food allergies, then we will always happily buy in substitutes so that they can enjoy their breakfast to the full.”
Proving that you don’t have to sacrifice on taste, The Swallows use soya milk and egg substitutes to recreate favourite breakfast dishes. Favourites include:
- Pancakes made with egg substitute and soya milk, topped with either fresh berries, caramelised fruits, lemon and sugar or maple syrup.
- Avocado on soda bread with or without crushed hazelnuts and fresh tomatoes.
- Welsh Rarebit, made with soya subtitles.
Martineau House, Tyne and Wear
Offering a tasty selection of Middle-Eastern inspired dishes to wake up the taste buds. Favourites include:
- Middle Eastern Tofu Scramble; Middle Eastern inspired breakfast with pan-fried tofu marinated in ras-el-hanout, wilted spinach, slow cooked cherry tomatoes with oregano, sliced and pan fried field mushrooms, garlic and tahini dip and a homemade flatbread.
- Middle-Eastern Vegan Full English; chickpea pattie, mini potato cake, mushroom, tomato, baked beans, fried bread, soya sausage, fried tofu.
- Tomato Rarebit with whole grain mustard served on two slices of toast.
The Hough, Cheshire
For those on-the-go or looking for a lighter option, The Hough offers a 29-strong selection of fresh smoothies and juices made on the premises. A few favorites are below:
- Nut Mylk with Chia Seeds, Fresh Vanilla and Honey – Nut mylk is made from almonds, cashew nuts, medijool dates, coconut water and fresh vanilla. This smoothie is packed with hidden benefits. Chia seeds are a rich source of omega-3 and are known to help control hunger while enhancing your diet with super nutrients. This smoothie is a meal in itself but it can served with a mixed bowl of unsalted cashew nuts, dried apricots and raisins for those wanting a little bit more.
- Kale & Broccoli – this fruit and veg smoothie also contains spinach, celery, lime, cucumber, apple, mango and ginger. Kale is one of the world’s best sources of vitamin K and broccoli is well known for its immune boosting properties!
- Berry Boost – Strawberry, raspberry, cranberry, blackberry, mango, apple and lime. This fruit smoothie is packed with antioxidants berries which will leave you feeling energised and can help improve your health, protect your skin and help prevent certain diseases. We serve this with a bowl of fresh raspberries, blueberries and black grapes for a delicious start to the day.
Gothic View, Isle of White
Serving up a surprising range of French-inspired breakfast dishes, all catered to vegan-diets using cashew cream and vegetable oil where required. Favourites include:
- Mushroom Crustini, fresh rosemary & lemon cashew cream
- Toasted French baguette with cashew cream unsalted nuts lemon
- Tomatoes fresh rosemary topped with mushroom
Old School House B&B, Suffolk
Vegan Full English; homemade hash browns, sweet tomatoes pan fried in virgin olive oil, baked beans in original tomato sauce and pan-braised mushrooms, served with a “melt in your mouth” fried slice of freshly baked bread
A vegetarian B&B offering guests piece of mind that their food has never come into contact with meat products. They have a rotating offer of milks, including soya, almond, rice and hemp, in addition to diary-free yoghurts and spreads. Soya milk sachets in the bedrooms for use with the tea and coffee machines are a thoughtful touch. Their Vegan Full Breakfast includes vine tomatoes, mushrooms, potato rostis and a vegan sausage.
Spinach, garlic mushroom, avocado, slow roast chilli cherry tomatoes on griddled sourdough toast with tahini dressing toasted sesame and nigella seeds. They also offer a Superfruits Muesli which includes a blend of apricots, cranberries, goji berries, cherries and barbaries served with almond milk and topped with toasted almond and coconut flakes.