The search for forever-fresh linen
There’s nothing quite like that feeling of sinking into clean, fresh and crisp bedding, whether that’s in your own home or while staying away. It instills an immediate sense of relaxation and offers a treat for all the senses.
The quality and comfort of a hotel bed, including sheets, pillows and duvets, is known to have a significant influence a guest’s rating of their stay. So, maximising the smell of your fresh linen could ultimately impact greatly on repeat business and those all-important guest reviews and scores.
Keeping it sweet
When running any type of guest accommodation, it is not viable to dress your bed with sheets straight out of the dryer, so sheets are most likely to be rotated through the linen cupboard. While in storage, linen will eventually lose its smell of freshness, but what if we told you there are ways to maximise and maintain that undeniable pure, sweet, smell of freshly washed linen?
Here’s a few tips and tricks guaranteed to help:
- Give freshly washed linen room to breathe when stored, to allow for good air circulation. There is also benefit in using scented paper or dryer sheets in between the layers of your linen, greatly reducing the chance of any stale smells from developing.
- Baking soda is known for its use in many cleaning hacks, and is effective in removing odours by neutralising their acids. Simply place an open tub next to the linen in your linen cupboard and it will freshen the smell of your stock.
- It is possible to enhance the smell of your sheets. Linen has the ability to absorb scents from the things around it. So why not get a little help from nature in the form of lavender or dried herbs, and place a few sprigs on your linen? Lavender offers an added bonus, in that it is known to aid relaxation and sleep.
- Be sure to strictly abide to full stock rotations of your linen, to ensure the oldest washed linen is used first, giving musty smells less time to develop.
- It is essential that you linen is stored somewhere cool, dry and dark, creating an environment where bacteria and smells have less chance of surviving. If humidity is a problem, try introducing dehumidifier granules which are readily available pre-packaged and easy to place in your linen cupboard.
- It cannot be stressed enough how important it is that your fresh linen is completely dry before storing it with your other linen. Moisture is most definitely not your friend!
- Finally, innovations in bed linen now mean that linen treated with antimicrobial technology is available. This is efficient in keeping your linen fresher for longer by eliminating bacteria which causes odours, making it a worthwhile investment.
Now is the time to restock your linen cupboard
If you feel like you need to completely refresh your bed linen, eviivo has partnered with world-leading textile supplier, Vision Linens, to offer an exclusive 24% discount on their ranges of filled goods, bedding, towels, and table linen, each and every time you order.
To redeem your exclusive discount as an eviivo customer, simply:
- Sign up to Vision’s Members Club where you will receive 10% off your entire order
- Enter EVIIVO14 at checkout for an additional 14% off your order
- Enjoy FREE delivery for UK mainland orders over £100 (ex. VAT)