We love toast with lashings of butter or dripping in honey, or even smothered in Marmite or peanut butter, but sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit fancier on our toasted bread.
So we’ve found 10 slightly quirkier toppings for toast.
1. A lovely slice of bruschetta topped with cheese, tomatoes and capers.
2. A colourful start to the day with crushed avocado and a boiled egg, seasoned with cracked pepper.
3. The healthy-conscious can enjoy poached egg with salmon on a toasty bed of rocket.
4. Start the day sweet with French toast loaded with bananas, chocolate sauce and caramel, lightly dusted with icing sugar.
5. We love delicious scrambled eggs with chives on wheat-rye crispy bread.
6. Guests will go wild for Girolle mushrooms on toast.
7. An unusual start to the day with cream cheese and sweet pear and a sprinkling of chopped nuts.
8. Lots of melted cheese on bruschetta with herbs and chopped salami.
9. A slightly runny boiled egg on a bed of sumptuous pesto makes us wish every meal was on toast.
10. And finally for a twist on the classic beans on toast, add some tapas with grilled sausage.