Billing & Reconciliation Specialist
In recent times, companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Zoopla, and Just Eat have disrupted the lifestyle industry to become multi $billion businesses. eviivo is on a mission to shake up the independent accommodation sector by offering a cloud-based platform to “anyone with rooms to sell, and a story to tell”.
Its flagship product, eviivo suite, aims to provide hoteliers and hosts with a convenient all-in-one solution that makes it really easy for them to manage online bookings, guests and travel agencies. Today, eviivo’s customer base consists of 20,000 small independent B&Bs, Guesthouses, Vacation Rental Owners and Hotels using eviivo suite day-in day-out to run their business.
Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where eviivo ran the UK’s National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Private Equity Group Investcorp, mid 2011. Having radically changed its business model, eviivo is now a vibrant young company, with offices in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Austin TX and more recently in Malaga, Spain.
The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product eviivo suite has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought after Travolution award for best technology and Expedia’s global innovation award. It is also enjoys strategic preferred partnerships with the Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia groups.
eviivo is now looking for a Billing & Reconciliation Specialist. Your role is to take responsibility for the monthly billing of our European customers who are accommodation providers (Hotels, B&Bs, Vacation Rentals…), they use our software every day to run their business and take online bookings. When we invoice these customers every month, we invoice them for their subscriptions, we also collect travel agency commissions where applicable, and we pay them for bookings collected from the travel agencies.
- Reconciliation of all bookings payments received into our European merchant account against the Bank and Navision (the finance/billing system)
- Reconciliation of all bookings payments received from OTA’s (Online Travel agents) received into our bank against Navision
- Booking adjustments in Navision for European customers
- Bank reconciliation of the European CPA bank account
- Processing of sales invoices and credit memos in Navision for European customers
- SEPA Payments & Collections for European Customers (after invoicing and adhoc requests)
- Provide second line support for any European customer invoice queries escalated via support, sales or Account Services
- Assist Credit Controller with credit control for European Customers
- Assist with Self Billing commission and payment for ecommerce
- Bachelor degree in Businesss Administration/Finance required,
- 3-5 years’ experience in high volume card payment reconciliations or invoice reconciliations,
- Highly organised, process driven individual with great attention to detail in producing quality output
- Reliable person with high integrity – capacity to maintain a high degree of confidentiality on the role,
- Self-starter and self-motivator, happy to work from home and via zoom with international remote teams (mainly UK, US and French teams).
- Excellent Excel skills – very skilled at using pivot tables and lookups to help manage exceptions,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision is a plus,
- Fluency in English is essential, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (with a clear speaking voice and adequate spelling and grammar).
- Must be eligible to work in Portugal and to travel to Europe, if required, for training or any meetings. We would like any successful candidate to start by spending at least 2 weeks in the UK for training purposes (all expenses paid) during their first month with the company.
The Company Offers
- Permanent contract, full-time employment
- Location: fully remote from Porto area, Portugal
- Combine success and fun within a great diverse company culture together with smart, driven people
- eviivo prides itself in an open highly diverse culture, where what matters is not who you are, but what you can do or learn, to help the company move forward!