Public Relations and Social Media Manager
Remote from New York city (USA), Austin Texas (USA), London (UK) or Paris (France)
eviivo is on a mission to shake up the independent accommodation sector. Its software is helping over 20,000 owners and managers of hotels, B&Bs, vacation rentals and groups, yurts, castles and cottages by making it really easy for them to manage online bookings, guests and travel agencies. Now more than ever having a technology platform that supports running things your own way is helping our customers to succeed in an ever evolving and challenging sector. This is a mission we are truly passionate about.
Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where eviivo ran the UK’s National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Private Equity Group Investcorp, mid 2011. Having radically changed its business model, eviivo is now a vibrant young company, operating in the UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Tunisia, and North America.
The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product eviivo suite, the original all-in-one booking suite, has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought after Travolution award for best technology and Expedia’s global innovation award. It is also enjoys strategic preferred partnerships with Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia groups.
With a culture focused on staff development, a passion for helping the brilliant businesses we represent and a clear vision for growth laid out by our CEO that rests heavily on technical innovation, we think eviivo has a lot to offer.
eviivo is seeking a talented public relations and social media manager to join the global PR and Corporate Communications team. This leader will be responsible in helping develop, organize and executive strategic communications, including media relations, story ideation, press activation, social media and influencer management. The candidate will work directly with the Global PR Director.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, well-seasoned communications professional that possesses sound judgment, impeccable writing skills and love for social media! The manager will help lead PR efforts in technology, travel, lifestyle, business and thought leadership and build and maintain relationships with key target media. The manager will also own social media across eviivo channels (from LinkedIn to Instagram), vet and manage influencers and travel writers for media stays and work directly with regional country managers to build eviivo’s presence in respective markets. This position offers an incredible opportunity to create highly impactful communications for one of the world’s leading travel tech companies.
Applicants must be based in New York City, New York; Austin, Texas; London, UK; or Paris, France. Remote work in these locations is accepted.
- Reporting to Global PR Director, help support day-to-day press activities, projects and deliverables contributing both tactically and strategically to eviivo brand messaging.
- Help develop and execute quarterly communication strategies, story angles and brand positioning globally for thought leadership, company news, product launches, property placement and industry trends.
- Secure placement in top-tier and relevant B2B trade publications.
- Write compelling press releases, announcements and pitches.
- Work with country managers to identify pitch-worthy properties and property owners for round-ups, features, success stories and thought leadership.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key media and continually connect with media in technology, travel, business and tourism.
- Deliver press status reports, accurate and actionable contact reports, and any relevant competitive activity.
- Maintain press and company news section on website.
Social media / Influencers
- Build and grow eviivo’s social media presence across various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter) adhering to brand voice (think Virgin meets Apple).
- Write compelling captions, identify great images and know how to make animated posts and reels stand-out.
- Spot and leverage emerging trends that matter to our brand and consumer.
- Work with marketing teams and designer to create compelling graphics (when applicable).
- Monitor trends in social media and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase brand awareness and drive engagement and leads
- Community management / responding to comments when applicable.
- Create actionable plans to grow engagement and followers on primary channels.
- Identify and manage influencers, coordinating content delivery and tracking all deliverables from talent.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in public relations and social media.
- Self-starter, proactive and flexible.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the travel, tech and B2B industry with an established base of media contacts is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities – must be detail oriented.
- Journalism background a plus
- Multilingual a big plus
- Proven track record of landing coverage in significant publications, writing press releases, writing social media captions.
The Company Offers
- Remote work – in addition to available office in New York, Austin, London and Paris
- Permanent and full-time employment
- Professional development
- Fun clients and work environment!
To apply for this position please email our HR team with a copy of your CV and put the job title in the subject line.