QA Automation Engineer
In recent times, companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Zoopla, and Just Eat have disrupted the lifestyle industry to become multi $billion businesses. eviivo is on a mission to shake up the independent accommodation sector by offering a cloud-based platform to “anyone with rooms to sell, and a story to tell”.
Its flagship product, eviivo suite, aims to provide hoteliers and hosts with a convenient all-in-one solution that makes it really easy for them to manage online bookings, guests and travel agencies. Today, eviivo’s customer base consists of 20,000 small independent B&Bs, Guesthouses, Vacation Rental Owners and Hotels using eviivo suite day-in day-out to run their business.
Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where eviivo ran the UK’s National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Private Equity Group Investcorp, mid 2011. Having radically changed its business model, eviivo is now a vibrant young company, with offices in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Austin TX and more recently in Malaga, Spain.
The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product eviivo suite has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought after Travolution award for best technology and Expedia’s global innovation award. It is also enjoys strategic preferred partnerships with the Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia groups.
We are currently seeking a QA Automation Engineer passionate about writing robust, valuable and maintainable BDD automation tests. We follow the TDD model during project delivery. There is also a need to retrofit BDD automation to existing features that are not covered. Automation feature coverage is key to eviivo’s ability to deliver faster to market. This role is member of the QA Tribe with shared responsibility for driving improvements of quality assurance practices across the R&D team.
- Pick up and understand manual tests
- Create automated tests
- Ensure we’ve a good test coverage for the Property Management System
- Liaise with other automation testers in the team
- Recognize and implement end to end test across our various systems
- Able to solve complex problems to progress automation agenda
- Preferred to have a degree in computer science or a numerate subject
- 4-6 years’ experience in automation and in web application testing
- Automation experience with .NET, Specflow, Selenium test creation and execution, SQL
- Deep understanding of various functional testing types (e.g Regression, Integration, API,UI etc.)
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, passion for finishing
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience in mobile application testing is a plus
- Travel & Tourism experience will be highly regarded, as well as software as a service environments or experience working on high load ecommerce or transactional processing systems.
The Company Offers
- Permanent and full-time contract
- Remote working but you’re eligible to travel to London for ad-hoc team meetings
- Combine success and fun within a great diverse company culture together with smart, driven people
- eviivo prides itself in an open highly diverse culture, where what matters is not who you are, but what you can do or learn, to help the company move forward!