Reconciliation and Operations Specialist - US Market
The Internet has completely revolutionised the way consumers and businesses interact and markets are being disrupted as never before. In recent times, companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Zoopla, and Just Eat have become multi $billion businesses through enabling SMBs to leverage the power of the online channel to drive their businesses. eviivo is on a mission to revolutionise the independent accommodation sector.
eviivo, backed by major Private Equity Fund Investcorp, is marketing a suite of easy-to-use online services to small independent B&Bs, Guesthouses and Hotels in the UK, Europe and more recently in the US. Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where eviivo ran the National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Investcorp in 2011 as a vibrant young company, opening offices in France, Italy, Germany, Spain and USA. In 2012 it launched a cloud version of its flagship product – eviivo suite – and it now has over 12,000 customers around the world, employs 160 people and brings over 70,000 rooms to the online marketplace.
The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product eviivo suite has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought after Travolution award for best technology.
eviivo is now looking for a Reconciliation and Operations Specialist who will reconcile orders, payments and month-end entries but also work on credit control and customer retention. The Reconciliation and Operations Specialist will report to the Finance Operations Manager based in UK.
- Processing of sales invoices and credit memos in the accounting system (main focus on US/CA operation).
- Invoice Queries and Credit Control (main focus on US/CA operation).
- Ingenico/Paypal/Amex – Manage multiple currency payment reconciliations for online merchant accounts against billing system.
- OTA – Manage Self Billing commission and payment for ecommerce partners.
- Bank reconciliation for all CPA accounts + US/CA bank accounts.
- ACH + EFT + BACS + SEPA for payments and collections (+ new ones).
- Any adhoc requested payments.
- Merchant Providers (Intuit, Card Connect, Ingenico, Paypal, Amex + any new ones).
- OTAs – help with the relationship between eviivo finance and OTAs finance teams.
- Look for new options in US/CA for company growth on eviivo Merchant Accounts.
Accounting System (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Help with developing new releases within the finance system.
- Testing of new releases, bugs and fixes.
- Prepare the annual delivery of 1099 in US. Make sure all W-9 are requested and information added in relevant systems.
- Support HR with bi-weekly payroll process.
- Ensure adequate office insurance cover.
- Bachelor degree in Businesss Administration/Finance/Accounting required
- Strong experience preparing high transaction volume bank reconciliations quickly and accurately
- Previous experience of financial control work, and in particular, self-billing arrangements
- Highly organised, able to work with the UK team, process driven individual with attention to detail in producing quality output
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluency in English is essential, excellent communication skills with a clear speaking voice and a good grammar.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and to travel to Europe, if required for training.
The Company Offers
- Health Care, PTO along with major holidays, and discounts in our online marketplace
- Full-time employment
- Location: downtown Austin office across from the capitol. Flexibility with remote working as well
- Challenging and diversified tasks with the opportunity to grow with the company as it expands in the US
- Combine success and fun within a great company culture together with smart, driven and social people
To apply for this position please email our HR team with a copy of your CV and put the job title in the subject line.