Kings Cross, London
The Internet has completely revolutionised the way consumers and businesses interact and markets are being disrupted as never before. In recent times, companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Zoopla, and Just Eat have become multi $billion businesses through enabling SMBs to leverage the power of the online channel to drive their businesses. eviivo is on a mission to revolutionise the independent accommodation sector. eviivo, backed by major private equity fund Investcorp, is marketing a suite of easy-to-use online services to small independent B&Bs, Guesthouses and Hotels in the UK, Europe and more recently in the US. Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where eviivo ran the National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Investcorp end of 2011 as a vibrant young company, opening offices in France, Italy, Germany, Spain and the US. In 2012 it launched a cloud version of its flagship product – eviivo suite – and it now has over 12,000 customers around the world, employs over 160 people and brings over 70,000 rooms to the online marketplace. The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product eviivo suite has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought-after Travolution award for Best Technology. We are now seeking a software engineer who has a flair for web. An individual who understands that presentation and user journey are key to a company’s success. An individual who works on the finer details to make a slick and polished result. An individual who understands that writing a good maintainable UI requires a strong UI architecture. An individual that understands having a strong UI architecture is key to eviivo’s ability to deliver faster to market. Whilst the role is geared to an individual with a flair for web, the role is for a full stack developer. This role is member of the QA Automation Tribe with shared responsibility for driving increased coverage of BDD automation tests across our platform.
Tech Skills Needed
- A minimum 4+ year’s hands-on experience in building enterprise solutions and at least 18 months experience on .Net technologies writing in C#.
- Proven experience of writing websites using ASP.NET MVC and web services using Web API.
- Ability to write performant SQL statements.
- Ability to write scalable and performant web pages with strong understanding of client-side performance.
- Desirable to have experience of writing device-agnostic websites.
- Desirable to have analysis and design experience including design patterns, SOLID principles, DDD and MicroServices architecture.
- Desirable to have experience writing BDD automation tests using SpecFlow.
- Desirable to have experience working with Selenium.
The Company Offers
- Challenging and diversified tasks with the opportunity to grow with the company as it expands in the US.
- Combine success and fun within a great company culture together with smart, driven and social people
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.