Software Support Specialist
In recent times, companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Zoopla, and Just Eat have disrupted the lifestyle industry to become multi $billion businesses. eviivo is on a mission to shake up the independent accommodation sector by offering a cloud-based platform to “anyone with rooms to sell, and a story to tell”.
Its flagship product, eviivo suite, aims to provide hoteliers and hosts with a convenient all-in-one solution that makes it really easy for them to manage online bookings, guests and travel agencies. Today, eviivo’s customer base consists of 20,000 small independent B&Bs, Guesthouses, Vacation Rental Owners and Hotels using eviivo suite day-in day-out to run their business.
Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where eviivo ran the UK’s National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Private Equity Group Investcorp, mid 2011. Having radically changed its business model, eviivo is now a vibrant young company, with offices in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Austin TX and more recently in Malaga, Spain.
The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product eviivo suite has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought after Travolution award for best technology and Expedia’s global innovation award. It is also enjoys strategic preferred partnerships with the Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia groups.
eviivo is looking to appoint a Software Support Specialist to join our talented distribution team. You’ll be working closely with our research & development team and our operational teams as well as our strategic global Travel Agency partners to ensure that we have best-in-class connectivity and respond rapidly as each of the platforms we interconnect with evolve.
You must love detail, have a strong attention span, solid technical investigation skills and a deductive logical mind. This attention to detail means that you will be willing to dig deep in the workings of the different systems we interact with, while at the same time, be able to explain these complex interactions in simple terms to less computer savvy audiences.
Your role is to constantly find resource-light solutions and workaround, and above all develop on-boarding and implementation processes to ensure we can resolve most mapping issues at source – either with light technical changes, or, more often than not, with easy-to-follow implementation guidelines for our customers, support and on-boarding agents. Your ultimate goal is to reduce the support burden, minimize the daily occurrence of mapping issues, and reduce the need for customer contact levels. This involves the ability to put together logical, well-articulated help guides and to ensure any new announcements uses the correct descriptors and language from the outset, to avoid confusion.
You need to be self-motivated and comfortable with working under time pressures.
- Support our field organisations with the set up and mapping of connections to Online Travel Agencies’ booking platforms, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Google, Expedia, Vrbo, TripAdvisor and many more.
- Constantly educate our field operation on the best way to connect our customers to these third-party platforms, giving them the precise language, they need to use to market these connections effectively, especially with regards to any limitations imposed by our partners.
- While you will not be driving the product roadmap per se, you will be a key stakeholder and influencer and will be expected to collaborate closely with the Product Design and Engineering teams to influence its direction and provide valuable consolidated feedback from the field.
- Investigate and analyse alerts & issues, well enough to be able to decide if they warrant escalation to the engineer and/or the diversion of precious development time. You need to be able to size the impact of an issue, identify their root cause and provide solution paths and as often as possible an immediate workaround. The ability to own the triage function and provide clear prioritization ahead of any escalation to engineering is key.
- Own & monitor key dashboards in order to spot and identify anomalies and exceptions as early as possible, before they ramp up to become a larger issue.
- Effective communication with key stakeholders, both internally & externally, collating their feedback with strong commercial acumen and competitive awareness, but also solid controls and a good judgement in order to prioritize the efficient use of our engineering resources. Internal stakeholders include on-boarding and support agents, and sales and the field partner team from which you are likely to receive a high volume of requests, often without much of a market analysis or any impact analysis. External stakeholders include strategic or problem customers, and our major OTA partners.
- Assist with or participate in the UAT process and help plan the implementation of key pilot roll-outs, as required.
Professional / Skills Requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to articulate issues and answers accurately, succinctly and without ambiguity.
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint and able to learn other tools very quickly such as Camtasia, and/or WordPress.
- Demonstrate an excellent grasp of Boolean logic generally, no matter how/where it was acquired. Any knowledge of j-son, XML and SQL to be able to analyse & interpret API responses and logs & messages from various platforms will be considered an advantage, but this is NOT a key requirement for the role.
Personality fit and other personal considerations
- Ability to prioritize based on sound commercial judgement, putting market needs ahead of any individual customer, and being able to support sales with the right arguments when we have to say “no”.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex issues into simple concepts for our customers & operational teams.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills: be able to drill into issues too understand root cause and present solution paths. Understand how something works is not enough, you need to understand why and how important this is in a competitive context.
- Self-motivated “doer”, able to see tasks through from start to finish
- Experience working with key online travel agencies and/or additional languages are an advantage
- You will be joining a small but critical team. On occasions (~ 2-5 times per annum), there will be API urgencies that may require all hands-on deck. The company’s on-call support team do not have the same depth of expertise as our Distribution team on the specifics related to each one of the Travel Agencies we support. While the company will always gladly give employees the ability to recuperate, it cannot anticipate such moments. Since our main SaaS platform connects to well over a dozen very large third-party platforms, in real-time, incidents inevitably do happen, sometimes on our side, sometimes on the other side. Either way, this has an immediate financial impact on booking flows and therefore, the team is use to scrambling at such times, and you will be expected to do the same.
The Company Offers
- Permanent and full-time contract
- Private health, pension, 25 days holiday
- Remote working but you’re able to come to London for ad-hoc team meetings
- Combine success and fun within a great diverse company culture together with smart, driven people
- eviivo prides itself in an open highly diverse culture, where what matters is not who you are, but what you can do or learn, to help the company move forward!