At eviivo, we fervently believe in championing the UK B&B sector. Over the last year we generated hundreds of press articles for and about our customers, hosted the 2018 eviivo Awards, and threw all of our weight behind the inaugural National B&B Day on 24th March 2018. Alongside the B&B Association, we were very proud to help make the day the success it was – for the whole UK B&B industry.
The aims of the day were:
- Launch an industry recognised “national day” to raise the profile of all things independent accommodation related
- Get as many people as possible staying in B&Bs on the weekend of National B&B Day
- Make guests think of a B&B when planning a short break or holiday all year round
Here’s What B&Bs Did
To entice people to book, B&Bs across the UK were encouraged to offer something a little bit special to their guests. This turned out to be anything from a special deal to something extra special, such as breakfast in bed, offering a free afternoon tea, a tasting of local produce or a free beauty treatment; something over and above what B&Bs would normally offer. 350 properties rallied to the cause, with our very favourite exclusive offers for the National B&B Day including:
- “A La Bark” breakfast for dogs
- Prosecco & strawberry breakfasts
- Free gin tasting
- Free Lake Windermere cruises
- Free trips up the Brighton i360
Here’s What We Did
- Worked hard to get over 30 industry-leading sponsors on board with the day. These included:
- Offered commission-free bookings on our own distribution website toprooms.com.
- Invested in PR to maximise coverage of the day, including:
- Writing and distributing multiple press releases,
- Arranging press and blogger stays in B&Bs in exchange for coverage,
- Delivering breakfast hampers – including lots of lovely homemade goods from B&Bs – to regional press, radio and TV stations, plus the world’s top travel websites. Watch how it went:
- Sponsored a fleet of NationalB&B Day branded black cabs for 1 month across Birmingham, Edinburgh Liverpool, London & Manchester
- Ran a competition offering 20 free stays for key workers and their partners (teachers, firefighters, police officers, ambulance crew, NHS staff and members of the Armed Forces) on the weekend of National B&B Day.
- Launched Great British B&B Breakfasts, a customer breakfast cookbook, with proceeds supporting the Family Holiday Association.
6 visits to B&Bs across the UK by Minister of Tourism and MPs
7 Radio interviews about National B&B Day
8th trending hashtag on twitter UK
~70 pieces in print and online press
In the week following National B&B Day, we witnessed an 8.1% increase in bookings at B&Bs!
It’s fantastic to see that the day has helped reignite the UK’s love affair with B&Bs and the authentic British holiday experience that they offer.
What’s Happening With National B&B Day In 2019?
NBB Day was such a riotous success, that we’re making it even bigger this time around, so get ready for National B&B Week from 18th to 24th March 2019!
We’ve got some big plans that we’ll be sharing more of in due course but in the meantime, if you have any ideas or would like to get involved let us know.
We’ll be shouting about National B&B Week 2019 and so should you!