Get Notified As It Happens
Cut-through the Covid-19 noise & get the latest facts for the short-term rental industry.
Our team are gathering & fact-checking all-day, every-day, so you don’t have to.
Can I stay open?*
Yes – accommodation providers can be open for anyone who needs it for work purposes, is moving house, is attending a funeral, needs to be away from home for education or training or to attend a medical appointment, or to provide accommodation to vulnerable people.
Even if your doors are shut to most people, your diary should absolutely be open. Most summer bookings are usually made online in January and people are keener than ever to travel again. Don’t miss the pent-up demand!
What are my safety obligations?*
You must protect staff and guests at all times, with the following recommendations:
- Carry out staff temperature checks
- Ensure everyone wears a mask at all times
- Ensure everyone observes social distancing at all times
- Implement enhanced sanitisation protocols
- Close bars, restaurants, clubs and common rooms
- Do not accept wedding or funeral receptions
- For the most up-to-date details and for informationn about financial assistance, check gov.uk or the website of your devolved administration:
How can I get help?*
- Grants up to £9,000 for leisure and hospitality businesses based on rateable value, with £4,000 for businesses with rateable value of £15,000 or under, £6,000 for those with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000, and £9,000 grants for those above £51,000.
- Furlough scheme extended to end of April 2021 to cover 80% of employee salary for hours not worked. Plus the self-employed support grant has been increased to 80% of average profits, up to £7,500.
- Business grants of £934, or £1,400, or £2,100 per month are available depending on your business rateable value. This can be increased to £3,000 per month by local authorities in very high-risk areas.
- A new VAT rate of only 5% continues to apply until March 31st 2021. For the most up-to-date details check gov.uk or your local authority. Some bank and insurance companies are also providing help. For more information click here.
- And finally, eviivo are doing their bit too! As a small business dedicated to the hospitality sector, we have not been spared, but we continue to do all we can:
* information and advice on our website is provided in good faith, however eviivo make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy or up-to-date-ness of any information.
Materials to Adapt, Survive and Thrive
Adapt, Survive and Thrive Checklist
Download our brand new Adapt, Survive and Thrive Checklist, detailing every step of adapting your business for a prosperous 2021.
Guest Email Templates
Simply download our templates to start re-engaging with past guests and establishing relationships with new ones!
A customisable HTML landing page and a badge collection to upgrade your website and keep your guests informed about the measures you’ve taken for a safe stay.
Get ideas and inspiration for your next marketing initiative with our ready-to-use offers to help kickstart bookings.
The fine print
A liability disclaimer for guests to acknowledge you are not liable in case of infection at your property.
Lay out your policies and expectations for
Complete booking terms that include a COVID-19 specific liability disclaimer.
Cleaning and disinfecting
Cleaning and Disinfecting During Coronavirus
Learn about the new standards that must be met
to ensure the safety of yourself, your staff
and your guests.
Cleaning Q&A Video Series
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions
about cleaning and disinfecting routines for