Brilliant Email Marketing for Guests
Email marketing in the hotel industry is a great way to let the world know all about your latest deals and offers, attract customers and build your reputation – but how do you go about it effectively? Follow our tips as a guideline for powerful email marketing campaigns.
1. Don’t Spam
This is the golden rule of email marketing, the one mistake that catches everyone out from small business owners to professional marketers. Do not spam; nobody likes to open their mailbox to discover endless promotional emails. No ifs, no buts. It doesn’t matter if you have stacks of useful information or a truly brilliant deal: if you push it too hard, the recipients of your emails will quickly turn sour. One or two emails a month is plenty.
2. Stand out from the crowd
The way in which you present your offers is just as important as the offer itself – nobody wants to open up a badly designed and poorly written email, no matter how good the deal is. There are several excellent email platform companies who help you design awesome looking emails and send them out to your contacts, rather than doing it manually using your personal account.
eviivo’s My Guest Manager has the option to create customised emails and schedule them at a time you’d like them to be sent, automatically. Simply use the drag and drop tool to design email templates that stand out from the crowd, and really show off your business’s personality.
Otherwise, SendInBlue is a simple, easy to use e-mail tool and comes loaded with templates and innovative special features to enable you to create eye-catching emails that pack a punch. It’s super-easy to upload images, fill in the copy and send.
3. Encourage guests to come back
Getting into the habit of asking all of your guests for feedback during check-out is not only a great way to improve your service, but it’s also the perfect opportunity to get their email addresses too. You can make this a more attractive proposition by:
- Offering deals which are exclusive only to email subscribers
- Promising not to spam their inbox with ten emails daily
- Assuring your customers that their details will not be passed onto third parties
Put yourself in your customers’ shoes and imagine what they will want to get out of this. It’s also important to note down whether they are staying on business or leisure, which will enable you to target your emails more wisely.
4. Engage users with dynamic content
In general, great emails are:
- Interesting –they attract the reader’s attention
- Informative – the content is interesting and/or useful
- Entertaining – the reader is likely to find this content engaging
If you can construct an email that incorporates all three of these elements then you could be onto a winner. Remember, your content doesn’t have to always be offers-based or even be directly linked to your B&B, just as long as it is somehow relevant. For example, you may offer award-winning food in your B&B and want to send your customers a festive greeting with a selection of mouth-watering heart-warming stews and other wintery recipes that you know will be popular. Or you may have been shortlisted for a prestigious award and so it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary to thank past guests for their custom and ask them to vote for you.
You can encourage people to sign up to your newsletter through the content you have on your accommodation website. For example, if you write a piece about a current offer for the website, mention that similar offers can be seen only in the email newsletter – therefore adding an incentive to sign up. Though if you’re not a natural when it comes to writing, then why not enlist the help of a family member who has a way with words, or hire a freelance copywriter via LinkedIn? This online database of professionals will help you find the right person for the job, and get you on track to making your marketing perfect.
5. Build your audience
Having a ‘subscribe to our newsletter’ option that features prominently on your website can help you build an audience. You can do this in a few ways:
- A simple subscribe to our newsletter box which asks for their email address; or
- Have a page listing all the great benefits and special offers they’ll be eligible if they sign up e.g. you might include exclusive offers in each newsletter, information about your latest menu changes or even key activities around your area that will give them a real incentive to stay.
- You can also encourage people to sign up to your newsletter on your social media pages – share a link to the page and direct them to the site to sign up!
Want to really raise your email marketing game? Find out more today about eviivo’s guest email tools and how they can help you!