Ideas on how to stay busy
By staying inside, you’re already doing your part during this difficult time. If you have a burst of energy, are feeling stir crazy or are feeling particularly productive, we have a few ideas to help occupy your time:
- Join other industry campaigns:
- Support Small Biz – Open to any U.S. bed and breakfast aimed to encourage people to buy gift certificates.
- Buy Now, Stay Later – “Bonds” (gift certificates) are offered for purchase in increments of $100. After the 60 day maturation, the value increases to $150 for every $100 spent.
- MyFavoriteInn – A free-to-join cooperative directory for inns to support independent small businesses.
- Connect with other businesses – Reach out to other small businesses to start planning partnership initiatives for when the economy re-opens.
- Do a deep dive on your competition.
- Start planning ahead – Brainstorm new communications and promotions to offer once self-quarantine is lifted to entice guests to stay in the future.
- Be extra social – Right now everyone is sitting in front of a screen trying to amuse themselves. It’s a great chance to engage with your audience and get out in front of them by creating content. You can kill two birds with one stone by creating videos while you stay productive:
- How to clean silver
- The best all-natural cleaning solution before and afters
- How to make the world’s snuggest hospital corners
- How to make your favorite recipe
- Showcase your skills at flipping flapjacks
- Clean up your digital workspaces:
- Update your pricing calendar and remove outdated information
- Organize your email