Remote from UK
In recent times, companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Zoopla, and Just Eat have disrupted the lifestyle industry to become multi $billion businesses. eviivo is on a mission to shake up the independent accommodation sector by offering a cloud-based platform to “anyone with rooms to sell, and a story to tell”.
Its flagship product, eviivo suite, aims to provide hoteliers and hosts with a convenient all-in-one solution that makes it really easy for them to manage online bookings, guests and travel agencies. Today, eviivo’s customer base consists of 20,000 small independent B&Bs, Guesthouses, Vacation Rental Owners and Hotels using eviivo suite day-in day-out to run their business.
Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where eviivo ran the UK’s National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Private Equity Group Investcorp, mid 2011. Having radically changed its business model, eviivo is now a vibrant young company, with offices in the UK, France, Germany, Austin TX, and more recently in Spain.
The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product eviivo suite has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought after Travolution award for best technology and Expedia’s global innovation award. It is also enjoys strategic preferred partnerships with the Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia groups.
eviivo are looking for a talented, self-motivated and design conscious developer to work in our web team. You will have the responsibility of creating and manging our custom WordPress themes alongside updating and managing our custom WordPress plugins) which give customers the ability to import their eviivo suite data into WordPress.
We are looking for someone to help take our WordPress offering to the next level. Currently we have built a solid foundation with three themes and a plugin but we want to really impress our customers with beautiful, simple, forward looking design and we want you to help us make that happen.
You will also be working with activations team on QA for all new customer websites ensuring the site is correctly set up and consistent with the brand throughout.
The WordPress developer will report to the Project Lead and CTO at times as well.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- At least 5 years’ experience in WordPress development (custom theme development)
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS (jQuery, other libraries) PHP and MySQL
- A keen eye for UX and UI Design
- Good knowledge of APIs (e.g. RESTful, oAuth)
- Experience with task runners specifically Gulp
- Experience with CSS preprocessor
- Experience using and building with Gutenberg
- Experience building and updating plugins
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket)
- Good understanding of design and SEO principles
- Ability to work fast and on tight deadlines
- Good understanding of design principles and best practices with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a high level of pride in their work
- Someone who wants to be part of a multi-functional marketing team and is comfortable working with people with differing levels of technical ability and understanding
The Company Offers
- Permanent or contracting work
- Private health, pension, 25 days holiday
- Remote working
- Combine success and fun within a great diverse company culture together with smart, driven people
- eviivo prides itself in an open highly diverse culture, where what matters is not who you are, but what you can do or learn, to help the company move forward!
To apply for this position please email our HR team with a copy of your CV and put the job title in the subject line.