Get Notified As It Happens
Cut-through the COVID-19 noise & get the latest facts for the short-term rental industry.
Our team are gathering & fact-checking all-day, every-day, so you don’t have to.
Can I stay open?*
Yes, accommodation providers can accommodate anyone who needs to travel for work, education, youth or social care services, as well as people who need to travel for long journeys or need a safe place to work.
What are my safety obligations?*
You must protect staff and guests at all times, with the following recommendations:
- Carry out staff temperature checks
- Ensure everyone wears a mask at all times
- Ensure everyone observes social distancing at all times
- Implement enhanced sanitisation protocols
- Make sure guest parties do not exceed 6 people
- Close bars, restaurants, clubs and common rooms
- Do not accept wedding or funeral receptions
- For the most up-to-date details check gov.uk or your local authority.
How can I get help?*
- Furlough scheme extended to end of March 2021 to cover 80% of employee salary for hours not worked. Plus the self-employed support grant has been increased to 80% of average profits, up to £7,500.
- Business grants of £934, or £1,400, or £2,100 per month are available depending on your business rateable value. This can be increased to £3,000 per month by local authorities in very high-risk areas.
- A new VAT rate of only 5% continues to apply until March 31st 2021. For the most up-to-date details check gov.uk or your local authority. Some bank and insurance companies are also providing help. For more information click here.
- And finally, eviivo are doing their bit too! As a small business dedicated to the hospitality sector, we have not been spared, but we continue to do all we can:
- Our SHARE webinars offer the latest advice and support.
- The Stays for Heroes – Stay Safe initiative is back.
- toprooms.com enables accommodation businesses to get commission-free online bookings.
- International Week of the Host returns in March 22nd-28th. As we prepare for this, give us your thoughts now on how to turn it into a major solidarity event for accommodation providers.
* information and advice on our website is provided in good faith, however eviivo make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy or up-to-date-ness of any information.
Help Available and Restrictions Across the UK and Ireland
- Help from the UK Government
Click here to find out about the financial support packages available to hospitality businesses in England and across the UK.
- Help from the Scottish Government
Click here to access support available from the Scottish Government.
- Help from the Welsh Government
Click here to access support available from the Welsh Government.
- New Support Scheme for NI Businesses
Click here to find out about the support available to businesses impacted by Covid-19 restrictions in Northern Ireland.
- Help from the Irish Government
Click here to find out about all the support available from the Irish Government.
Guest Email Templates
Simply download our templates to start re-engaging with past guests and establishing relationships with new ones!
A customisable HTML landing page and a badge collection to upgrade your website and keep your guests informed about the measures you’ve taken for a safe stay.
Get ideas and inspiration for your next marketing initiative with our ready-to-use offers to help kickstart bookings.
The fine print
A liability disclaimer for guests to acknowledge you are not liable in case of infection at your property.
Lay out your policies and expectations for
Complete booking terms that include a COVID-19 specific liability disclaimer.
Cleaning and disinfecting
Cleaning and Disinfecting During Coronavirus
Learn about the new standards that must be met
to ensure the safety of yourself, your staff
and your guests.
Cleaning Q&A Video Series
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions
about cleaning and disinfecting routines for