Get Notified As It Happens
Cut through the Covid-19 noise & get the latest facts for the short-term rental industry.
Our team are keeping up with all the latest developments constantly, so you don’t have to.
Can I be open?*
Yes – accommodation providers can be open for anyone who needs it for work purposes, is moving house, is attending a funeral, needs to be away from home for education or training or to attend a medical appointment, or to provide accommodation to vulnerable people.
From mid-April, properties in different parts of the UK can also open for leisure travellers. What you can do when is largely dependent on where in the UK you are. To keep up to date with changes, check the official gov.uk website or the website of your devolved administration:
- For the rules in Scotland
- For the rules in Wales
- For the rules in Northern Ireland
- Additionally, the rules in Ireland can be found here
Even if you cannot, or choose not, to be open, your diary absolutely should be for future bookings! Make sure your availability, prices and photos are fully up to date. People are keener than ever to travel again. Don’t miss the pent-up demand!
What are my safety obligations?*
You must protect staff and guests at all times, with the following recommendations:
- Carry out staff temperature checks
- Ensure staff and guests wear a mask at all times in indoor shared areas
- Ensure everyone observes social distancing rules at all times
- Implement enhanced sanitisation protocols
- Keep bars and restaurants closed, except for outdoor service
- Restrict the size of wedding or funeral receptions
How can I get help?*
- The reduced VAT rate of only 5% continues to apply until Sept 30th 2021. An interim 12.5% rate will then apply for a further six months, until 31 March 2022.
- No businesses rates will be payable for those in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year.
- The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme grant up to April 2021 is available, calculated at 80% of 3 months’ average trading profits and capped at £7,500 in total. A further grant will cover May to September.
- The Recovery Loan Scheme supports access to finance for UK businesses as they grow and recover, with the government guaranteeing 80% of the finance to the lender.
- Local Restrictions Support Grants offering up to £4,714 based on your business rateable value are administered by local authorities.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme is in place to the end of September 2021 to cover up to 80% of employee salary for hours not worked. The level of government contribution reduces to 70% in June and 60% from July.
- For the most up-to-date details and for information about financial assistance for England and UK-wide, check the gov.uk website or the website of your devolved administration:
And finally, eviivo are doing their bit too! As a small business dedicated to the hospitality sector, we have not been spared, but we continue to do all we can:
- Our SHARE webinars offer the latest advice and support.
- The Stays for Heroes – Stay Safe initiative is back.
- toprooms.com enables accommodation businesses to get commission-free online bookings.
* information and advice on our website is provided in good faith, however eviivo make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy or up-to-date-ness of any information.
Materials to Adapt, Survive and Thrive
Adapt, Survive and Thrive Checklist
Download our brand new Adapt, Survive and Thrive Checklist, detailing every step of adapting your business for a prosperous 2021.
Guest Email Templates
Simply download our templates to start re-engaging with past guests and establishing relationships with new ones!
A customisable HTML landing page and a badge collection to upgrade your website and keep your guests informed about the measures you’ve taken for a safe stay.
Get ideas and inspiration for your next marketing initiative with our ready-to-use offers to help kickstart bookings.
The fine print
A liability disclaimer for guests to acknowledge you are not liable in case of infection at your property.
Lay out your policies and expectations for
Complete booking terms that include a COVID-19 specific liability disclaimer.
Cleaning and disinfecting
Cleaning and Disinfecting During Coronavirus
Learn about the new standards that must be met
to ensure the safety of yourself, your staff
and your guests.
Cleaning Q&A Video Series
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions
about cleaning and disinfecting routines for